EntroGen, a Los Angeles-based leading manufacturer of cancer diagnostic products (www.entrogen.com), is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill a Customer Care Scientist (CCS) position. The job requires extensive knowledge of molecular biology, particularly with expertise in real-time PCR and NGS applications. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting for EntroGen’s products around the globe. The work is performed at EntroGen’s headquarters in Woodland Hills, California and occasionally at customer sites. CCS needs to identify customers’ technical problems, recommend solutions, ensure customer satisfaction, and relay customer feedback to management. Additionally, CCS is responsible for conducting end user training as well as assistance in pre-sale activities.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical support for customers using EntroGen’s qPCR and NGS products.
- Monitor timeliness and accuracy of responses through EntroGen’s online Technical Support Panel (TSP).
- Relay customer feedback to Marketing, R&D and Product Management.
- Present in Company meetings.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and data analysis/interpretation.
- Assist field service engineers and application specialists with the installation of new instruments.
- Conduct end user technical product training.
- Proofread and edit product handbooks and marketing materials.
- Assist in field tests of novel products.
- Maintain FAQ section on the Webpage.
- Collaborate with Research & Development and Quality Control Departments in the implementation of improvements to products and software.
- Assist in creating documents and data for regulatory bodies around the globe supporting in-vitro diagnostic registrations.
- An occasional travel to customer sites or conferences may be required.
Doctorate degree by January 2022 or
Master’s degree and 4 years of Scientific experience or
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Scientific experience in cancer diagnostics field.
- 3+ years of experience with quantitative/real-time PCR techniques including sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis, as well as NGS sequencing platforms and software is required.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and data analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in customer service is a plus.
- Experience in molecular diagnostics is a plus.
EntroGen provides a nurturing working environment where team work and success go hand in hand. The company culture fosters innovation and staff development while appreciating individual contributors. The company offers competitive salary, medical benefits, a retirement/profit sharing plan that requires no employee match and stock options. Relocation assistance will be offered to qualified candidates.
Please email resumes to HR@entrogen.com
EntroGen is a biotechnology company with a focus on molecular diagnostic products in the areas of hematology and oncology. EntroGen has a growing commercial portfolio of NGS panels and real-time PCR-based tests, with many of its products being used to guide and monitor targeted therapies for various malignancies. EntroGen’s footprint reaches every corner of the globe delivering reliable clinical and research products.