The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for uncovering and securing new business for the company’s products in the area of oncology products in a territory. The RSM position requires initial physical presence in the Woodland Hills, California office when the executive is not in the field for the first three to six months of employment.
The right candidate for this position thrives in a dynamic small company culture with significant responsibility to build and grow the business. The successful RSM is a resourceful self-starter who is driven by performance, teamwork, and a passion for the cause.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct field based sales activities directed to oncology care diagnostic professionals such as pathologists, clinical laboratory scientists and laboratory supervisors.
- Uncover business opportunities by building relationships with key laboratories.
- Execute on corporate and regional strategies within assigned geographic area resulting in achievement of the target revenue objectives
- Maintain accurate up-to-date CRM records in ACT software
- Effectively communicate product value and differentiation to prospects
- Attend trade shows and marketing events, follow up on leads by phone and email
- Conduct briefings and presentation for small audiences
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Field sales or account management experience in oncology diagnostics is required
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Existing relationships in the oncology marketplace would be considered a plus
- Familiarity with the existing oncology healthcare diagnostics providers, products, methods, reimbursements and institutions within the territory is a plus
- Minimum of a four year undergraduate degree is required
- Must have a proven record of success in small fast paced organizations with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to multi-task and to interact effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel two weeks per calendar quarter within the USA and Canada.
- Must be willing to report in person to the corporate office location in Woodland Hills when requested.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Local candidates only, please. No relocation assistance provided.
Please send resume to email@example.com. No agencies, please.